03 March, 2008

"Okay.....Who Brought The Dog?"

I've never considered myself to be even remotely lucky, unless it came to cards or the occasional crazy-a$$-wastepaper-basket-shot from across the room. I've always considered myself the walking version of Murphy's law. Usually not in the instance that horrible things befall me (i.e. my car bursting into flames), but more of subtle crap that would just annoy even a holy man to cuss.

Classic examples of this are:

o Flying home on leave in the Army and the plane breaksdown delaying me for hours.

o Having a hot first date and getting a flat tire.

o In ROTC, being assigned the M-16 that won't hold a magazine in.

o In Computer class, being assigned the computer that constantly gave the blue screen.

However, I've never been so lucky as to have them stop at this point...nope, I've got industrial strength examples of this type of luck:

o After arriving to Iraq with 3 other peers, being one of the only ones to be assigned to a unit that just got there, vs. the other units that got to go home about 6 months later.

o Surviving 5 years straight in the Army with zero injuries, then immediately after I get out...break my pinky and blow through about $6k getting it repaired, due to no health insurance.

o Getting a job at K-Mart.

o Thinking I could eek out a fart in drama class and it actually reverberated on the chair louder then the instructor....actually causing him to stop teaching.

I think I need to start investing in some horseshoes or something.

No comments: