20 March, 2008

Might Be Down, But Still Not Out


So despite a colossally bad week in general to include such wonders as being devistatingly hungover and having my washing machine completely break on me, I'm attempting to keep a positive attitude.

This became more difficult to figure on then I'd previously though this week when I realized my cats had fleas last night. "Fleas? How the hell did they get fleas? They're inside all day." After doing my research, I discovered these little bastards latch onto stuff and you can track them into your house.

Continuing my research, everything I've read now points to the fact that I have to "flea bomb" my entire apartment, not once, but twice, three weeks apart, to make sure I get whatever generation egg is being laid now. Bug bombs make me nervous in general. The idea of a can spraying a condensed pesticide into and all over my apartment just sounds counter to what any person should do. However, fortunately I hate fleas bad enough that I'd be willing to go so far as to take a hand held steam cleaner and scorch every square inch of my carpet by hand.

That fun is going to wait until the weekend when I can detonate the bug nuke and leave the house for a few hours. Tonight will be my energetic attempt to follow the anti-flea shampoo instructions, lather up my cats, and make sure they stand there while the lather soaks in for 5 minutes. Yeah, that won't be messy.

No comments: