13 March, 2008

"The More I Blast, The More I Bleed"

Vindictiveness has been something that's plagued me since the early days of the teenaged anx we all have the opportunity to go through. I can remember very vividly my mother telling me that if I were to continue to be a angry, hateful person that I would grow up cold and alone (or something to that effect, I was seething pissed off at the time she said it).

Unfortunately, being grumpy ALL of the time does tend to wear on the body a bit. I've calmed down quite a bit since going through the awkward years, yet I still seem to get stoked about seeing people getting what they deserve. This would probably explain why I loved working the road so much as an MP. When I was there overseeing a processing of a criminal, I made sure that everything was done by the book to maximize the possibility that this person would end up going into the justice system. However, as statistics proved, this rarely happened.

I chalk that up to one reason why I decided against going Seattle PD. The biggest one in fact, because it drove me nuts to have to have a daily battle against both politics and watching our own prosecutors eliminate cases because they had "better stuff to do". Watching my soldiers dump not only their time, but also their safety into apprehending criminals, just to have those people walk free because of little things such as forgetting to complete a form properly.

This also ties in to the fact that I indeed have a tendancy to get too passionate about things. Anyone who knows me, I'm pretty sure would describe me as exactly the opposite, but actually, I just excel at bottling stuff up and plinking it away in the cellar that is my soul. I'm honestly not a hateful person. But I would say that I am a very competitive and driven person, and unfortunately, that bleeds over into a vengeful streak a mile long. When people say or do things that isn't right, I'm the first in line to cheer when karma whammies them upside the head.

And when you talk s#%t to me when we're playing a board game, you better bet your sweet a$$ that when I win, I'm going to do the dance of joy with myself while singing of your failure.

No comments: