21 April, 2008

What's Your Party Value?

Went to my first house party in a long time over the weekend. Despite the fact that it wasn't the toboggin-down-the-stairs-into-a-wall-of-couch-cushins, it was still a pretty good time.

Upon my reflection to said party, I've taken note of several things.

First, regardless of how insistant someone is, do not start off the night with a shot of tequila. Not only did that render me with a sour stomach the next day, but I also completely forgot how much I hate tequila.

Secondly, spend less time outside. I remember why I don't smoke, and similarily should avoid those who do smoke. You wake up in the morning with the taste of ashtray and pain in the back of your mouth. Nothing against smokers, but yikes.

Thirdly, when someone warns you before going to a party that you're going to be in the presence of an entertainer* (this being a party-goer, usually a guy, who as he gets drunker, likes to show his goods more and more often), take their warning. I saw more goods that night then an oversold flea market.

Finally, train up. Whenever I do make the conscious (or sometimes sub-conscious) choice to get toasty, I do it on hard alcohol. Every so often, I get a hangover from too much beer, and then I remember why I prefer hard alcohol. Beer hangovers are very gut unfriendly...

Suffice to say I spend some of yesterday recovering, but nothing beyond bad. I don't know whether the fact that I drank alot of beer made me feel like crap, or the after 2 AM run to Jack-in-the-Box made me feel like crap.

Blech.

No comments: