04 April, 2008

"Ahhh, Salmon Skin Roll..."

fig. 1-1 Sushi-shaped pillows = Actual "comfort" food

So I've eaten fish three times this week. Something I can swear as a 5 year old I said I'd never do. Sushi is something I really didn't get into until I moved to Seattle. I gave it a shot in Missouri and hated it. Probably for two reasons; #1 - Missouri is a really land locked state which means no fresh seafood and #2 - It was sea urchin.
Moving forward with the warning of never trying the Sea Urchin, I would encourage anyone who's never eaten the stuff to at least try it. Try small. Just try the vegetable only rolls and start slowly into having the raw fish with other foods. Sushi is very light, very customizable, and you feel like a million bucks the next morning.
Did I mention don't have the sea urchin?

No comments: