28 April, 2008

Is This The Part I Feel Awkward?


I've recently begun the arduous process of apartment hunting again. Call me crazy, but the rent I'm paying now for my apartment far exceeds the actual square footage.
There are certain things I loathe about apartment hunting. The one biggest thing involves the actual touring of the apartment. Some places just give you a key and let you go in and snoop around. But most have one of the management go with you and walk you around the apartment. The part of that I hate is when they tell you something then wait for your reaction.
Example:
Agent: This is the kitchen. The sink is brand new and the refridgerator is frost free!
Me: (looking around for a minute during the awkward silence)...uhh, you don't say?
Agent: (Getting excited) Yes!
Yeah. It's pretty much looking like every little ho-hum fact they tell you about the apartment (like new carpet....it's always new carpet), they expect you to just get stoked about it. I figure they have the following actually going through their head...
Example:
Agent: This is the kitchen. The sink is brand new and the fridgerator is frost free!
Me: (Spiking my wallet on the counter) F**KING SOLD! SIGN MY A$$ UP NOW!
Maybe sometime I might actually try that tact and see if I can get reduced rent.

No comments: