29 April, 2008

No Super Powers Required

I plan on seeing Iron Man this Friday (opening night) and let me just say a few things about the potential of this movie.

I would be willing to be that this movie will be good. I placed my trust in this idea pretty much since the first ad I saw, and vowed "no movies until Iron Man"...which I have stuck to.

It's a movie about a man in a giant suit of metal loaded with weapons. Further more, he has zero super powers. Short of them throwing in a free steak upon admission, this fact alone has had me hooked since I was in grade school.

Although not my favorite superhero, in light of the recent crappy movies made from comic books, there is little to no chance that any director or screenwriter can screw this one up. He wears armor and fights things. That's it!

And reference above, Ben Affleck won't be in it to make it an absolute pile of crap like he did to the once awesome Dare Devil. That movie had awesome potential until: #1 - Enter crappy Afflect as a "wanna-be-hard-but-ultimately-fails" main character, then #2 - Enter Jennifer Garner, and even less convincing character, and pretty much only on to add the crappy love-side line and be the requisite "lady of the film". and #3 - The enemy being Bullseye? Dude....can I please have a more lame character?

Iron Man, do not let me down!

No comments: