02 April, 2008

Can't You Move With A Purpose?


For every multi player electronic game ever devised, you will always play with or against someone who just absolutely insists on being a complete jackhole.

Every day at lunch, I like to hone my poker skills on MSN's Texas Hold'em. If you've ever played this, you're well aware of the fact that each player has a 10 second timer that counts down around their icon (or avatar if you prefer). For some reason, there is always at least one player who lets that thing run down all the way to the point where the computer is getting ready to play for them, then they make a play.

I like to believe these people are busy saving lives and playing Texas Hold'em, but I know better. The majority of them for some reason decide it's a good idea to log on to play a game, then subsequently get distracted, but never logout.

Then there's a select few who get a proverbial stiffy over letting it run down and playing so the autoplay doesn't happen, and they don't get booted after the computer plays for them 3 times. These people apparently have nothing better to do with their lives then to count it away in 10 second increments.

I don't know where I initially intended to go with this article, but I know how I'll end it. If you're playing games on line, don't be an a-hole. Nobody wants to play with or against one, so just don't be that guy, and everyone will have a good time.

No comments: