03 October, 2007

WTF 24 Hour Fitness?

So let's take a minute to direct some well earned fire onto 24 Hour Fitness. This morning I discovered, that after doing so for a month, 24 Hour Fitness will no longer allow me to host a guest in for free, even after I was told I could do so for up to three months as a new member. I didn't get a "okay, there has been a change in policy, so next time have your $15 ready", I got the "no money no workie". Let's dissect this further. I'm a paying member. I paid $300 in one shot to become a member (first month, last month, concurrent month, "registration fee"-whatever the s#*t that is -->Bear in mind, I registered online), I'm there at 6am sans wallet, the gym is almost completely empty, and I'm being told I can host a guest because the policy suddenly changed. Awesome. I could understand if the gym was busy or if the policy had never existed, or if there was some "supply" of some tangible item that the gym provided that a customer (or guest) would use, such as eating at a resturant...but there isn't.
Bearing in mind that I'm a person that has grown up on policies and lines in the sand, this was pure crap.
Furthermore, NO, I do not need a body fat test, or a personal trainer to help me. Mostly for the fact that I've been on an exercise program for the better part of 10 years, but not only that, because I don't want to have the body type of half of their personal trainers, because most of them have a wee bit of a gut on them.

WTF 24 Hour Fitness! I'm only sticking with you because if I can stand a gym on a remote base in Iraq (that had almost better equipment), I can stick with this.

Here are some links to other unhappy customers.




Grumpy #1

Grumpy #2

Grumpy #3

No comments: