10 October, 2007

Repeat = Necessity

In a recent bout of laxity towards going to the gym, I've come to realize there is alot we do in our lives, that we should only have to make an effort to do really good a few times. The perfect example is a wedding. People plan like hell to have one, it turns out good (sometimes), and for the rest of their lives, they can prattle on about their "perfect wedding". There are many things where our efforts are not reflected for a long period of time. Sure things we constantly do may affect us in the short term, but for some reason, people accept the fact that they have to do somethings pretty forever.

For example:

Going To The Gym - I've probably logged more gym/exercise hours in the past 9 years then any average Amercian has spent doing something to save the environment in their entire life. Why is it I still have to go with regularity? I understand how biology works, but I would submit that if life were truly just, I could hit the gym as hard as I did for five years, and spend the rest of my life eating steak fat and brown gravy, and still be sporting a six pack and a muscular back.

Going To The Bathroom - Once again, biology aside, am I the only one who gets tired of going to the bathroom? Studies show that the average person spends about three years in the bathroom. I can certainly imagine better ways of using my time.

Waiting In Line - As a new law, I would propose that all lines, no matter where, are assorted into reverse chronological order, with the eldest at the front. Why? Because they've spent more time waiting in line then you, and I'm pretty sure they're totally done with it.

Going To The Dentist - I only say this because everytime I go, I seem to have a brand new cavity. I'm not sure how that's possible seeing as how I have little to no original tooth space left after all the fillings I've had so far. I guess the only real way to get around this is to get dentures...but then you've got a new set of problems.

I don't feel above anything like this, I just believe that certain tasks that have no limit of effort are questionable at best.

No comments: