11 October, 2007

Clip-On's Don't Make Them Any Less Irritating

So other then the occasional wearing of a tie with my Class B uniforms in the Army, I rarely have worn a tie except for my time at Kmart.

Shortly after the Kmart/Sears merger (Kmart claims they bought Sears...however I think it's funny that Kmart is adopting all Sears Operating Procedures), the Kmart managers went from having to wear a solid blue/red shirt (can't remember which color), and starting wearing slacks and button up shirts with ties. You'll notice this being similar to what most Sears employees wear.

Aside from my complete pissing and moaning that it is impossible to do a freight oriented retail job wearing this hokey outfit, I realized that I may have committeed a social faux pas while I was there. At the start, I kept my tie on rotation. I had about four ties that I rotated through. I'm not big on them, and still can barely actually tie them, so I didn't hassle too much with them. After a while when the charm wore off, I just stuck to the same tie. It was a black and red tie that had a super subtle checker pattern (I detest patterned ties). I wore it everyday I worked, and never really thought about tie etiquette when it comes to cleaning/wearing. I understand that it may look odd, but is there a requirement to wash it every so often? I kept it clean, and obviously never sweat on it. Hmmm.

Well, all that said, ties suck.

No comments: