26 October, 2007

Put This In Your Throne And Honor It

I've learned so much from TV and the Internet, and not shockingly, I'm still learning of new stuff that shocks me to no end.

A sandwich of epic porportions, I first learned of the Fool's Gold Loaf sandwich watching tv. I can't remember what show it was, but the basic gist is this. This sandwich was a favorite of Elvis, and was based in Denver. This leviathan sized sandwich used a full loaf of bread (hollowed out of course), a jar of peanut butter & jelly each, and a pound of cooked bacon. By my rough estimates, this "sandwich" would weight approximately 4.5 to 5 pounds total (pre-cooked weight).

Further more, the article cited pointed out that this sandwich contains nearly 42,000 calories. That is 21 times your daily recommended caloric intake. That would be the equivelent of eating 42 of the Jack-In-The-Box Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburgers. I would be interested in finding out the amount of fat in this sandwich, which could vary well be the side quest of my next grocery store visit.

I'm would be tempted to try eating this gargantuan sandwich for the mere bragging rights, however, my conscience tells me better for the following reasons:

- I know how much saturated fat is in a single tablespoon of peanut butter...but a whole jar? Uhm, no.

- I go to the gym regularly to avoid having seizures. I don't want to toss all that work down the drain just to have a sandwich inspired coronary.

- I feel slovenly enough after eating a regular burger, I'm sure this would rise me up to "Jabba The Hutt" rank.

Fool's Gold Loaf - The "Heart Burster" hero (sandwich)

No comments: