11 June, 2008

Finally...A Gender Battle Line We Can Both Appreciate!

Calling upon the strength of Fitzy to fire off the WTF-Guns (I'm too tired...intervals today at the gym), the Sex In The City movie has been unleashed on the world and I still can't fathom a guy that would be willing to go see that.

Now for obvious reasons, I would propose immediately banishment from the straight, male niche that the world currently has for any man who goes to see this movie, even at the risk of being cut off for God know's how long. Do I question a studio's desire to make a movie that is guarenteed only to appeal to women? Yes. Does the fact that it opened to $55.7 million at the box office make me even more disturbed? F**k yes.

As a man that holds very dear to his convictions, I haven't seen the movie, but I'll sure as hell pass judgement on it now. Let's see....what would this movie be about? Could it be......boozing and boning? Yep. Anything else? Probably a bunch of chick banter about boobs, dongs, commitment, friendship and blah blah blah blah blah.

And to compound the issue, as I previously discussed, even the "actresses" in this movie (and show) have little or no appeal except only to women and mega-gay men. And yes, I still hold true to my conviction that Sarah Jessica Parker is absolutely, positively, without a question that Mars is red, not attractive to straight men. Don't believe me? Check this out.

As for you men out there that went and saw this film. I don't care if you saw it because you lost a bet, or was promised more nookie in the sack, or even if you're one of those artsy types that believes that everything should be given a shot...you might as well pickle your nuts in a jar and hand them over, because you have failed as a man.

To plan for future such films, I'll be waiting outside the theatre doors with a bat to prevent any further men from having to turn in their goods for such an atrocity.

No comments: