24 June, 2008

This Was Easier When It Was Shoot/Don't Shoot

So I've got a bit of a quandary on my hand. I actually had to messenger in my oldest brother to gather his sage advice about what I should do and found it was really helpful. I generally excel at having an answer within moments, but occasionally the elements applying to the situation lead me astray.

I've found in my past experiences that usually responding to a problem is usually the same. I immediately know the right answer, but then my second guessing completely erodes it back in favor of the wrong answer. Not only did this attribute to my colossally bad ACT scores (although, the classroom was a frosty 60 degrees during testing), but it also made me a giant stressful wreck when working the road in my law enforcement experiences.

Fortunately, in law enforcement, the first decision you make generally has to be right. Because everything after the initial point of contact is usually all paperwork and procedure. So I guess I've been lucky so far.

No comments: