10 June, 2008

How Quiet Is Too Quiet?

So I've gotten my wish long after our company has been acquired. I'll be hopefully gaining more rights, responsibilities, and obligations under my own company if the HR at the parent company grants it. The reverse side of this, is how it's going to be decided.

I received a conference call request from my HR counterpart at parent company, which CC'd their head of HR, to discuss with me "a list of what I currently do, what I'm used to doing, and what I'd like to do." I believe the short answers to those are "not as much as I used to do, alot more then what I'm doing now, and anything ya'll can give me!"

My fear that this has gone from the "what other responsibilities can you handle" idea to the "you need to justify your paycheck" is bouncing in the back of my mind, but I think I'm safe to this point. We'll just have to see.

And at any point if I think the conference call is heading south, I'll just yell "babba booie! Babba booie! Howard Stern's Penis! Babba booie!"

*I blame you Family Guy

No comments: