03 June, 2008

Moving Blows Regardless

Moved yesterday with the help of actual movers. I decided last year, probably at the point where I was attempting to wrestle an 8 foot couch up four flights of stairs, that I would never move myself again.

Despite the fact that everything was boxed, organized, and ready to be rolled out...the issue of being on the 3rd floor and moving to a 2nd floor still spun the clock counter to my favor. I ended up coughin' up approximately $430 for the move at $92/hour, but it was still worth it. I didn't have to move anything, and the only hard part about it was the fact that I really wanted to help them move, but thought it would probably be inappropriate and tacky should I ask. I mean after all, they were getting paid by the hour.

Beyond that, I finally booked my trip to Vegas today for later in the summer to meet my brethren down there. One's coming from Idaho, and the other, the distant state of New York. It's been a while since we've all seen each other (i.e. the "Trifecta of Chaos"), so this'll be a pretty outstanding vacation.

No comments: