09 November, 2007

Pass The Popcorn And The Bleach

So in attempting to make the workplace more hospitable, I was sent to the local Salvation Army to pick up a small, padded chair similar to a non-reclining, miniture lazyboy. Unbenounced to me, the chair was too big, however, reinforcements (with a truck) had been dispatched. So there I sat for a solid 20 minutes in the parking lot, doing my favorite past time, people watching.

Several trends I noticed immediately off the bat:

1) 50% of people that shop at the Salvation Army drive ENORMOUS trucks. I'm not talking like an extended cab, I'm talking trucks that look like they were built to carry extended cab trucks in their beds.

2) The other 50% of people (including myself) drive hatchbacks.

3) All purchases are made in two-garbage bagged size increments. I've never seen shopping bags of that size. They literally look like extended plastic pillow cases. Very creepy.

Although I will argue that organizations like the Salvation Army and Goodwill are certainly needed in this day and age, I won't deny the fact that I washed my hands about 10 times after carrying the chair (which was covered in hair of indeterminate species origin) approximately 50 ft. Yikes.

No comments: