07 November, 2007

The Denny's Grand Slam

Ah Denny's, the only place where you can eat food that tastes good while simultaniously killing your body off in the process.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am an extreme nut for Denny's. Even when stationed in Missouri, I would regularly drive 30 miles one way to get myself some Denny's. Denny's has always been there for me, for first dates, food poisonings, hangover breakfasts, still-drunk dinners, and just plain shootin'-the-sh*t with friends.

I first got down on Denny's during their "Skillets" release back in 1998. They had release four skillets (hmm...meat lovers, veggie lovers, farmer's skillet, and the last one escapes me) during my intro to college. Me and my co-workers would regularly drive to the nearby Denny's for "Skillet Night"...which wasn't really on any scheduled night, just whenever we all worked and closed the resturant we worked at together.

Fast forward nine years and I've developed one thing as always being a constant with Denny's (other then the fact that I find their coffee DAMN good).

Sour Cream.

Before I ordered the skillet, now I order the "scramble" (which is a skillet sans fancy plate). All with a side of sour cream. Regardless of the time, location, server, or size of party I'm in, I almost (and I mean 99.9%) of the time never get my side of sour cream without reminding the server.

Now, let me caveat by saying I'm not writing this to be a pissy customer. Denny's is the bomb diggity and like I said, all friends and previous co-workers know this. I'm saying this because the failure rate to bring me my sour cream is so consistant, that from a scientific stand point, there must be some reason other then memory failure that explains such a continuance of activity.

There is no way that in a nine year span, the waitress can bring me sour cream on the first shot three times (yes, I counted, and I can easily recount all three times).

So my challenge to blog-readers everywhere is this. Go to your local Denny's, order either the Ham and Jalapeno or the Meat lovers scramble, wheat toast in lieu of pancakes, and a side of sour cream. I guarentee that more likely then not, you will not get your sour cream.

And if anyone from Denny's is reading this, you guys rock, you food rocks, your coffee rocks, but in reference to the sour cream....dude, what the hell?

No comments: