06 September, 2007

"Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

So now that I've moved to a new apartment, I've been forced once again to get a gym membership. In my last apartment, they had a "workout room", which was essentially about 6 machines and alot of rubber matting.

I've enjoyed having the ghetto little room instead of having to go to a commercial gym. I guess in general I got spoiled in the Army because those gyms on post are free. Now I have to deal with the drive, the smell, the cost, the people, and most importantly, the muscle heads that apparently always think I'm working out wrong and want to coach me. Yes I understand they only want to help, but it would seem that if I can trounce them in the only fields I'm still working to improve (run, sit-up, push-up, pull-up), then I'm probably doing something right.

I like gyms for the fact that I know I'm surrounded by people that want to get into, or stay in shape. It's good knowing at least a TINY part of society still cares about how they look or their overall impact on our nations rising healthcost. And albiet, I absolutely cannot stand people that walk on treadmills at the gym (except the elderly - they get a pass), I'm stoked to see so many people taking charge of their body.

Now that I'm paying for this service, I plan to use it as much as possible. I go in the early morning to avoid such hassles as muscle head coaches, distracting "gym bunnies", and people that ironically hunt for the closest parking spot to the front door....of the gym. And I really usually want a treadmill, which are always in short supply.

Let's go pull a hammy!

No comments: