11 September, 2007

I'm Pretty Handy With My Joystick

After a weekend of "nerding out"(i.e. playing video games until you pass out on the couch), I have decided there are several aspects about video games that I wish I could include into my everyday life:

1) Tanking - I really wish, just like most first person shooters, that I could be shot at least 100 times or take a wrench over the head and still be standing. Moreso, I wish after that I would only need to walk over a first aid kit, and I'd be instantly healed.

2) Storage - Like most role playing games, characters can carry ungodly amounts of equipment and supplies, yet they still appear on the game as wearing nothing more then a suit of armor and a backpack. Despite over all weight and size, it all fits neatly somewhere. If I had this power, I'd just carry around a sack of potatos and a shovel for the sheer joy of it.

3) Pause - Need I say more?

4) Cheat Codes - Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A *beep* I have one billion dollars and every weapon on earth.

5) Steel Liver - Some first person shooters have video games that include alcohol. It's funny because some of those give you life points when you drink.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out what the controller would look like.

No comments: