04 January, 2008

Jumping Back In The Fray?

So now that the week long vacation from HR world has subsided and I'm back in the driver's seat of this awesome stock car called "insurance & due diligence", I'm quickly reminded why the idea of winning the lottery is all the more attractive.

Unlike other people though, I doubt I'd quick working all together. Instead I probably just work a myriad of disposable jobs for extra walking around money, and quit whenever I pretty much felt like it. And the beauty of disposable jobs is that no resume would be needed so I wouldn't have to explain to an employer why I left a job after only three days.

I pretty much figure it would go down in my head like so:

After winning 5.5 billion (after taxes of course) in the lottery, Azurael has decided to quit his HR job and go to work as a fry cook at McDonald's during the evening shift.

Azurael: Guess I'd better throw down another batch of frys.
Lamo Assistant Supervisor/Trainer: You don't need to Azurael, the first one's arn't done cooking yet.
Azurael: Oh is that how it is? Well s$*t...I quit.

I would become an epic story at least at that one resturant, not for the fact that I stood up to the man in any capacity, but probably because they would see that it is a possibility for crazy people to work there.

Beyond food service, I figure a part time job as a bartender replacing everyone's order of Vodka with Everclear would work out to be a fun night of people watching (that is until I got caught and the bar lost it's liquor license).

And if all of that fell through, I'd ask to invent jobs that I could work for bare minimum wage that would just confuse people, such as being a door man at a local jiffy lube, or being the guy who cleans the pole between dances at strip clubs.

Don't get me wrong, despite being boring or somewhat irritating at times, I'm thankful that I have this job...some for the fact that my supervisors are laid back, the people here are nice, and it pays comparable to the Army. But more so in the fact that it allowed me to drop kick my name badge on a closing shift at Kmart.

But everything being the same, there's something to be said about being rich and just screwing with people.

No comments: