07 January, 2008

Ain't That The Tooth

So my 6 month annual checkup is fast approaching. As per usual, I'm bracing for the inevitable "carie" that usually gets brought up, and having to actually defend the fact that I still have two Wisdom teeth.
I'd swear at the tenacity that dentists want to pull wisdom teeth, it must be some kind of underground currency that they deal in. This would explain why all of my dentists are bummed when I tell them mine can't be pulled due to the inevitability of nerve damage.
I recently contacted my dentist to see what options were for sedation should the event rise that I need a filling. Apparently, they don't do gas, they don't do abrasion drilling, all they do is the ol' shot o' nummy stuff to the gums, which for some reason, never seems to work on me. I've been to dentists that used gas in the past and it was delicious.
I'm wondering if, unlike tattoo parlors, they'd be allowed to work on me if I showed up drunk...hm..

No comments: