06 August, 2007

"Why Oh Why Didn't I Take The Blue Pill"

Having gone to my 10 year reunion for my High School, I was honestly shocked. I think television fills our heads with what to expect at these type of things, and apparently very few of those misconceptions hold true.
The biggest misconception is that people are waaay different. This is very not true. The majority of the people from my class looked exactly the same, but obviously older and usually some addition (i.e. spouse, kids, etc).
A select few of them got rotund. And by rotund, I mean enormous. No one really just put on "a few pounds", the ones that gained weight look like they are buried every morning in 1 ton of coldcuts and have to eat their way out to go to work. Fortunately, they were nobody I really liked so that's cool.
Another select few that were tools in High School are still tools. Ironically, they went to go on to real estate (weird). Apparently their dreams of big pimping & sports left them out long ago.
Fortunately, I only saw on classmate there I had a huge crush on during High School, and despite common sense, it was still weird. I didn't talk to her at all.

So was it worth going? Kinda. Only truly for the fact that I never thought I'd be getting drunk while talking to both my French teacher AND my Government teacher.

No comments: