09 May, 2007

Speak of My Only Amy Lee

Since my senior year in high school, I have been what some would most likely call "goth". I find this hard to believe as I really don't enjoy drawing attention to myself and I have no facial peircings, tattoos, weird habits, etc. In comparison to actual goth people I've met, the goth people pretty much are so goth they're dead when compared to me. I have managed to make a mark as when I was in the Army, a pack of Captains during my course referred to me as "Marilyn" (as in Marilyn Manson) after I showed up to a workplace party dressed in black, with a wig and collar covered in razor blades. Despite the fact I wasn't really going as anything, apparently my semi-romanesque nose makes me look like Manson. I didn't really believe it at first until I went to a bar afterwards and a woman actually approached me as though I was him. Oh dear God, why would Marilyn Manson be at a crappy bar in Saint Robert, Missouri (Mapquest it and you'll understand my contempt for her).
Anyway, now that background is provided, I speak of Amy Lee. One musical artist that I have truely grown an affection for in everyway. Most pronounced would be her voice. Her vocals in all of her songs are truly a marvel, and still influence a "whoa" between today and the first time I heard her voice. Secondly, her and the group has never claimed to be anything other then a group. Sure there was that weird rumor going around that they were a Christian band, but unlike most bands that work WAAAAY to hard on their image, Evanescence has always seemed to be dedicated to music. I'm not a crazy fan (i.e. know every little factoid about them), so I believe this gives me a level headed view. And to prove it, I will say their music videos are somewhat lacking in creativity and atmosphere.
Finally, (and ya'll knew this was coming) she is what I believe to be picture perfect in terms of the type of woman I would go for. After watching their "Anywhere But Home" videos from the tour, given she did fall for the lead singer of Seether (ugh), she's very human and very approachable. Most of all she's not afraid to down a big ass plate of McDonalds.

So there you have it. Amy Lee of Evanescence is my #1 Blog Hero for the fact that she has talent, style, and looks. I figured it was going to come out at some point during my future blogging endevors, so I thought I'd just get it out of the way now.

No comments: