14 May, 2007

Bogey On My Six

So once again I ran the gambit against Bogey's masterful drink making skills, and once again I can't feel my kidneys. Fortunately this was Saturday night, so I had all of Sunday to rally before work.

Unfortuantely, I once again awoke with a mystery head wound and blood all over the pillow. Apparently during the night, I had fallen (face first) on the cement an split my left eyebrow wide open. Now I'm running the gambit at work and telling everyone I fell down (a common lie used to cover up domestic violence). Being the HR guy, I can either let them think I'm lying to cover up a fight, or follow up with "I was pissy drunk when it happened". Usually with that they go "oooh" and they understand.

So, would you rather have a violent human resource manager? Or a drunken human resource manager?

Consequently, after talking to a few of my friends, I've decided to curtail my drinking for a while. Not going cold turkey because, well, I like booze too much. But slowing down to one drink allowed per week night, and three mixed drinks per any weekend night. I can already hear my liver thanking me. Ugh.

No comments: