04 May, 2007

Boozin' With the Bogey

In early this morning to get a few things done before I call it a half-day and head out to Idaho to visit the parents for the weekend.
Suprisingly enough, I don't have much of a hangover from drinking last night. I went to the usual bar I'm attempting to make "my bar", which looks like someone's crappy attempt at making a bar in the basement, only it's located in the back of an Indian restaurant. So to top off the old school Christmas lights (the kind that burn houses down) and the jukebox that plays only Ratt, there's the constant smell of curry lingering in the air. Fortunately the bartender named Bogey, who kinda looks like the cop from Dumb and Dumber, makes the meanest long island on earth. The only to caveats to this is that 1) you can only have 3 drinks of that kind (i.e. long island, black opal) and 2) if you get too rowdy, he dumps a bucket of ice over your head. No seriously, I saw him do it. Awesome place to drink, and an awesome guy to make the drinks.
So the drinking was pretty good last night, except for the one person (I say it because there's always one) that trys to talk to you all night and won't get the hint to shut up. Worst yet, the women hadn't even drank that much yet, so I couldn't blame it on the alcohol.

No comments: