26 August, 2008

The Skys Outside Are Darker

Suddenly my desk feels so much safer, unfortunately (and oddly enough), not something I've ever truly wanted out of a job.

In my past experience, I've found jobs to be more rewarding if there is some level of risk associated with it. Not to say that I'm sure construction workers or smelter employees feel a greater sense of accomplishment at the end of each work day, I'm just saying that when the worst thing you're looking at in your workplace is a paper cut or an errant staple into soft tissue, it might have the potential to be a dull job.

I think to mitigate the fact that I work in a vanilla, cozy padded office environment, I'll have the employees line up every morning so I can run through a gauntlet of swinging baseball bats...that'll get my morning off to a start.

No comments: