18 August, 2008

Absurdity Repeating

So once again the idle hands are giving me that educational "itch" that I'll be needing to scratch. I swore after I received my duel Master's that I wouldn't take any more school. But apparently the need to be educated is something I can't fight, despite my best desires to do so.

Looking at school, the question is what now. I'm absolutely adamant against getting a doctorate. For some reason, I can justify entering into the program knowing that I'll be done after three years and essentially writing and rewriting a book twice over. A doctorate is pretty much only good in medicine and law in my world, everything else, it's just a title. And I've already had a title so I can check that box.

There are several classes I'd like to take that are just random stuff I'd like to learn (i.e ASL, EMT stuff, etc.), but at the same rate, I don't want to feel like I'm pissing a bunch of credits and money down the drain. Maybe get another bachelors in general education? Who knows....it's amazing that after hating school for so long, I still want to go back. Yuck!

No comments: