28 May, 2013

Is This Where I Ask What The Next Step Is?

fig. 1-1 Don't do this in a job interview....

  Had a job interview today that I wasn't trying all that hard for....pretty much since I applied for it.

  This is one of those jobs that I ran across and thought "yeah, I could do that I guess". The pay is meh, the job duties are meh, everything was meh.

   To my somewhat surprise, a few days after I sent the application, I received a questionnaire asking me secondary questions about what applies to the job. I spent about 5 minutes just vomiting out a response and shipped it off without neary a "meh".

   Then I got an interview. Hmm. Didn't even try....so be it.

   Went into my interview today with a "meh" attitude. Again, not that I'm not greatful for getting an interview, but rather, this job doesn't give me the career-oriented "chubby" that the other jobs I got shot down for. Per usual, it was a panel interview, and after looking at the first question, I pretty much already know I'm not getting this when they started off with a question about social work (which yeah, I don't really do).

   That interview was a few hours ago and I already can't remember half of it. I'm not really sure if it's the fact that I'm not totally stoked about the job opportunity, or whether I'm just fucking tired of doing everything to put my best foot forward only to have hit kicked to the side. 

   Ho-hum.

No comments: