08 May, 2013

Did I Not Get A Memo Or Something?

fig. 1-1 Yeah, I drew a penis on this picture using MS-Paint. Deal.

Being a relatively strong fan of Comedy Central, I was overjoyed to hear that "The Ben Show" had been cancelled. Plagued with attempted rapid fire "comedy", embarrassing complete strangers, and trying to be deadpan while doing extreme things is something that just doesn't work in the US. Sorry. Might work in England (i.e. the original "Office" show), but not here.

I then found out that the Jeselnik Offensive got renewed (yay!) as well as "Nathan for you" (WHAT THE FUCK). I've seen only the first episode of this show, and that's all I needed. A "comedian" who is also attempting deadpan while fucking with complete strangers in really unintelligent related ways (shit flavored frozen yogurt? Really?).

Following due diligence, I check some reviews and I found this:

"NATHAN FIX MY FAILING FAMILY
9.5
Nathan is a freakin genious. He has come up with the most original and funny show Ive seen in a long time. I never wana miss a minute of this hilarious show. I dont think anyone else could do a better "job". This show should stay on as long as possible. Now if only Nathan could come to my house and fix my family, its a pain in the ass kinda job."
REALLY? Obviously by the spelling I can garner that this show caters to the lesser minds, that I get, but hilarious? No. No no no. This is either a shill (but it can't be because usually they spell better), or apparently I need to be reeeaaaallly high while I watch this show.

I think I'm beginning to lose my hold on what's considered funny in the country.

Check out his shitty comedy here. Oh he's so befuddled and hilarious! (NOPE)

Complete Clownshoes

No comments: