07 May, 2013

I Hate Waiting


    Soooo, after applying to puhlenty o' jobs, I've managed to have several interviews at two jobs. I was told I would hear back this week (after my 2nd interviews wrapped up last week) and now...we wait.

    In the perfect universe, I would be hopefully soon be stuck in the position of which job to take because both had made me an offer. However, all things never being perfect, I'd be totally cool with either job.

    That being said, this waiting thing is just NUTS. I keep getting texts from my job references letting me know they gave me epic job reviews (because, well, I'm that epic), but so far, no word from either potential employer.

    Even though I know no HR professional would ever allow it, I would be totally fine with the hiring manager just sending me several word emails every now and again during the diliberation process that would keep me informed of my potential employment with them.

Good progress examples:

- "Not too shabby candidate!"
- "How big of a desk would you need?"
- "Might want to get any vacation plans out of your way now!"

Bad progress examples:

- "Hmmmmmmmmm......."
- "Other people might be better at this..."
- "You might want to practice up "you want fries with that"?"

No comments: