16 May, 2013

"But You Got Really Far In The Process...."


 In a one-two combo punch of wonderment, I found out both yesterday evening and at the butt crack of dawn this morning that the two jobs I had interviewed for (a billion years ago), I was not selected for.

  Now ignoring the fact that I exceeded all of the job requirements they were looking for, the fucker we've all known to grow and love (aka "Another Candidate") got picked over me.
 
   Okay, got it. Someone out there is bettered suited for the job than me. But again as I've previously pointed out, if you're going to shoot me down, please don't try to fucking sugar coat it in the process. That just makes me second guess your actual thinking process during the hiring.

   Rejection #1 was relayed to me in the form of an almost minute long voicemail in which they stated they decided to go with another candidate. But then was followed up with "you're a very smart, talented, and skilled individual and I hope you all the luck in the world." Really? So you're not seeking intelligence, talent and skills in this job? Unless the other candidate was VERY VERY smart, blah blah blah. Fuck I'm glad that one went to voicemail.

   Rejection #2 was early as hell this morning whilst in the process of me zombie-staggering out of bed to make coffee. I was informed that another candidate was selected, but I was comforted in the fact that I made it "very far in the application process". Well lah-de-fuckin'-dah. I'd feel alot better if that'd gotten me the job. And you didn't need to tell me that other positions will be posted with your organization shortly because I really don't feel like applying for another job there, going to multiple interviews on the other side of the fucking planet, get dick tease for almost a month only to find out once again that I made it right up until the end, but Mr./Mrs. Another Candidate got the job instead.

  Fuck. Back to the fucking drawing board.

No comments: