14 May, 2013

I Didn't Apply To Safeguard Nukes

fig. 1-1 What I do Monday through Friday, 0900 to 1700.....

  Just got another call today for a job I interviewed for two weeks ago. This obviously being the week after the previous week for which I was told I was going to be hearing from them.

  Now I'm not one to criticize due diligence, but the bottom line is this: if you can't get a hold of all of my employment references, calling me several times to ask about the same termination I went through isn't going to make it better. Yes, I got fired. Alot of people get shit canned daily. But when I speak to three of separate HR professionals from your organization about it, it begins to make me severely feel like shit. The fact that I got the boot is bad enough, but having to tell the ridiculous story time after time is just a really weird way to kick me while I'm down.

  In a nutshell, I got fired for messy petty cash receipts among other things. No, I didn't get fired because I was banging a coworker in the breakroom, or doing coke off a hooker's ass in the bathroom, or even for stealing staples from the company. I got canned for having what the powers that be deemed to be an "unruly organizational system". 

   So now, I'm forced to once again run round-and-round in my head as to whether they'll believe me and potentially give me the job, or if I've had my hopes escalating for almost three weeks for no point.

   Little tip to all you potential hiring managers out there. If you interview someone, and they simply don't cut the mustard, just tell them right away. Don't make them wait weeks in pure unadulterated mental anguish while you eventually get around to giving them the canned "we decided to pursue a better candidate" speech.

   This is fuckin' KILLING ME.

No comments: