01 June, 2011

The Army Woke Up In Me, And He's Very Very Pissed

I've been off the blogosphere for the typical reasons. Work, work, more work, a bit of personal drama, booze, and most notably, quitting smoking.

I haven't smoked since Monday morning at 12:30 am and so far so good. I even have a smart phone app that tracks the money I save and the hours I don't spend puffing away, and while I can't exactly say I'm stoked about quitting smoking (because..uh, cigarettes are awesome?!), I am glad because I only recently became aware that the phenonena, "Sudden Death", is linked closely to smoking...especially if you're over 30. And yes, it's pretty much what it sounds like, you just keel over dead. Not really my style.

In news elsewhere, it sounds like through the family blog, my father's twin brother (or my uncle) is having several medical issues. At the risk of sounding greedy, we're not ready for anything medically to happen with the family right now. My father and my uncle have been essentially by each other's side since they were born, even serving in Vietnam together. And I can't imagine the damage that would ripple through the family if anything happened at this point.

I swear, some days sh*t is just raining, and I'm the motherf**ker that's left holding the mop.

No comments: