22 March, 2011

The Pants Serve No Purpose

After a solid weekend of drinking, I've decided to take a few days off to let my body recover. I'm also reminded that Mondays are especially unholy when hungover on wine...and the two bottles probably wasn't the best idea. Of course I also found out that people tend to be louder and more talkative when I'm hungover, which may or may not be a correlation.

It seems that I get to always do at least one thing unsavory when I'm hungover. Yesterday at the peak of my dizziness, nausea, and shakes, I had the fun job of firing a crappy employee. Now don't get me wrong, this guy was a slug and received more than this fair share of write-ups. It's rather the fact that when you know an employee is going to flip out when they get fired makes it a bit harder to plan for the obvious. The funny thing was, he tried to argue with me. At somepoint am I supposed to say "oh, well shoot....take back that whole 'firing' thing!" The phone call (yeah, I fired him over the phone...I'm not having him freakout at the workplace) with the typical "you'll hear from my lawyer...blah blah blah." Again, although a pisser as it were with a hangover (idle threats are not my favorite thing in the world), I'm not cooncerned at all. First and foremost, I've made lawers and people with doctorates look dumb, so I welcome the challenge. Second, I think any of my coworkers who took the stand would say "yep. He's a slug".

So in my fleeting moment of temporary sobriety, while I can feel my organs beginning to congeal from a soupy sledge, I might take this time to hit the gym fast and furious to do as much damage as I can. Also, I've begun taking Chantix again....so here comes the ever awe inspiring nausea again. W00T!

No comments: