05 July, 2007

Fire It Up!

So this year I took a hiatus from blowing things up and merely laid in bed and listened to what sounded like my entire block exploding, several pieces at a time. Then this morning I listened to the news about all the people that were maimed by firework accidents, ironically none of them that was their fault.

I then reflected even further back on my childhood, back to the days I used to make makeshift bombs out of components of several fireworks. I find it rather amusing and am waiting for scientists to explain why young boys (and some girls) are automatically ingrained with the ability to do novice ordinance work as a youngster. I can remember building bombs with friends that decimate mailboxes, portable outhouses, and small animals (don't worry, I never blew up small animals).

But let me tell you what, you haven't lived until you've had a black cat explode in your hand because you meant to throw it out your car window, until you realized it was rolled up. Brilliant!

No comments: