01 June, 2007

Pointless Musings






Made a visit out last night to see ol' Bogey at the Indian resturant bar. I passed this time on one of his "5 alcohol" drink delights, and instead settled for something that I was pretty confident I'd drink slowly. And I did. Either because I ordered something I don't usually drink (vodka & tonic) or because I was still somewhat hungover from the previous night (Idol Vodka is smoother then it should be). Suffice to say, in my ramblings with my friends and some of their friends that I met in the process...I had several of the following epiphanys:

1) Guns & Fuck - Every man is entirely drawn to movies that contain one of two or both things. Either the movie has guns, or the word fuck is used at least once. Suffice to say, this not only shows that certain things are linked genetically, but also that three little words like this would look great on a t-shirt.

2) The Free Shot - Even if a person, mostly guys again in this case, were on the verge of barking their brains out due to having too much to drink, rarely will someone turn down a free shot. Either from another friend, or from the bartender themself.

3) Crappy Jukebox Music - It's essentially a given that if someone who has a poor choice in music is plugging into the jukebox, the odds are usually in their favor that they sank a good $10 into it, and it's all from the exact same genre you hate.

I know I had more epiphanys last night, but I lacked the pen-and-paper-napkin combo to record them with.

No comments: