07 July, 2008

"I'm Gonna Need Energy To Blow Sh*t Up..."


Another 4th of July has come and gone, and I find my desire to participate dwindling every year.
One of my brothers pointed out years ago that its amazing how people will piss and moan about prices of movies that usually run about an hour and a half, but they'll pay $30 for an object that shoots in the air and explodes. So 90 minutes of entertainment isn't worth $10, but 5 seconds of entertainment is worth $30 and up? Hmm...indeed.
Attended a luau for a coworker this year, ate long-time cooked pig, and had the beejeezus shook out of me as their neighbors began lighting off M-80's in the street (as always without warning).
I think I blame my complete apathy towards fireworks back to the Army. Once you've blown something up with a Claymore Mine, everything else just seems to pale in comparison.

No comments: