18 July, 2008

Gym...Not A Club

One of the fun and refreshing things about going to the gym is seeing how people appreciate the work they put into their bodies. Today, I'll focus on the unusal men.

For guys, I like to see how vain they are and how quick while lifting weights to stop and pose in the mirrors in the gym. These are the ones that I'm sure feel like they're being checked out by everyone in the gym, all the time. Creepy.

Beyond that, I like to see the guys that focus day after day on nothing but weight lifting for their arms and chest, but have an unusually large gut, because apparently they'd like to be really strong, but still die of a coronary a couple years down the road. Confusing.

Today, I saw the most unusual male attendee to the gym yet. A very short, hairy, squat guy that was wearing black sandals with white socks, pajama bottoms, a tiny grey tank top (enough to let ALOT of man fur show), and a fedora. Okay, I know I didn't feel a complete, instant feeling of confusion so I will reiterate....a FEDORA. Without pretty much any reserve, I actually announced within ear shot of more than a few patrons, "who the f**k wears a fedora to the gym???"

Seriously guys?

No comments: