23 July, 2008

Are The Sodas $5.00 Here Too?

For lunch today, I joined a couple coworkers for my first experience with Dim Sum. In a nutshell, it was described to me as a family style buffet where carts of food are brought to you and you just let the waiter/waitress what you want or don't want off their cart.

I describe it more as this: pretend you're in a strip club, only instead of strippers, they're waitress with carts of unrecognizable food. They come around to your table and instead of dances, they offer you small plates or steamer baskets. And instead of knowing what you'll get if you agree to it, you usually get something wrapped in rice or tofu of which the contents are very unknown. Finally, as both at Dim Sum and a strip club, you are pretty much hounded to get more until you're waving the finalized bill at a waitress tapping out for mercy.

Dim sum is tasty, but it requires way to much concentration on my part.

No comments: