04 February, 2008

Not Until The End Of Time

After a semi-frustrating night of Halo 3 last night, I wished, for a moment, that I had an inkling of knowledge on how to hack apart games to make them do what I want to do. Being so far behind in the terminology of the consoles, I wouldn't even have a prayer at this point, and then there is always the Ban.

Yes, if you're caught hacking the Xbox 360, apparently Microsoft (as so they should) bans your system until 01 January, 10,000 A.D. I agree wholeheartly with this as I loathe the idea of playing Halo 3 against players that can't die, have stronger weapons, or can boot me from the game without even blinking twice.

Putting myself in the same shoes, I would hack the game, but not for this reason. I would only use these skills to isolate and pick on the people who constantly trash talk other gamers, are complete jerks for no reason, and use obscenities like their lives depended on it. Obviously booting would be pointless, and killing them quickly would just simulate game play. I would go a more creative route, maybe something such as turning their character's head into a GIANT (and I mean 3x the size of their character's body) digitial penis. Or put their head on their crotch rather then their shoulders. Or even replace the whole character with a giant logo that says "I Love The Cock" on legs.

I don't mind gamers who trash talk alittle. The friendly poking is expected when someone wins, as long as it's followed by a "good game" or "good luck". I don't want to hear singing, or screaming, or rambling on about moms, or rambling on about smoking pole, or rambling on about ...well you get the point.

I would use my skills for good, oh yes, it would be just.

No comments: