10 December, 2007

FRS - They Gone And Made Me Dood It

So in an exciting new catagory for my blog, I will now be submitting product reviews from time to time to talk about the good, bad, and ugly items that I stumble across in my daily ritual of life.

I'm not so much starting this category because I thought it was a good idea, I'm doing it because the FRS energy drink disturbed me so much I realized that there is a need for it. To assist others in not making the same mistakes I am. Remember ya'll, Caveat Emptor.

So let's talk about FRS, the energy drink in question. I was lead to buy this product because the Supplement Facts is a mile long and provides everything from Vitamin C to Vitamin B12. It even provided a certain amount of dietary Fiber...which if you know as much about nutrition as I do, will find it odd fo find dietary fiber in an energy drink. I was honestly excited to finally find a drink that would ramp me up and was good for me.

I was wrong.

When I opened it, I immediately noticed the color of the product (I bought the lemon/lime flavor) was a light, foggy green. Almost looked like swamp water. That's when the smell hit me. It smelled like lemon, lime, and something akin to something that was left in the refridgerator far too long. The taste was even worse. It tasted like tangy feet.
Now I like to think I have exotic tastebuds because I'll usally try to do anything about once, but drinking this energy drink was actually me forcing myself to drink it because I loathe the idea of pissing away $1.99 just because I bought a can of swamp piss.

Only after I logged onto their site did I realize the stuff was endorsed by Lance Armstrong. Now don't get me wrong, I think Lance is a the epitome of strength and endurance, but I wonder if he's tasted this stuff. I doubt even his superhuman body could take more then a couple cans of this tree-crap puree.

No comments: