11 December, 2007

Deep Fried Goodness

So in light of recent, healthier changes to my diet, I stop from time to time and reflect on what my diet consisted of during the great Army days when I was working near around the clock and burning calories like no end.

I can remember one time after running 18.6 miles to get the coveted Germed Armed Forces Military Efficiency Badge, I ate an entire large pizza by myself and polished it off with a six pack. (Which for a 145 lb. guy at the time, that's pretty impressive)

Or another time when I ate almost three "Hungry Man" dinners. Talk about marketing irony.

That's why such things like cup o noodles and all other bite size sample foods (i.e. pizza rolls, pez) just piss me off. Why can't we make them enormous size? Jim Gaffigan brought up a good point about the industry size of ketchup packets. Why that much? It's never enough!

Anyway, I'm pretty much rambling because I've been kneedeep in insurance sign-ups here at work for going on two weeks. Might take a while to get my blogging mojo back.

Until then, I'll have the #6 large with a diet, no mustard!

No comments: