07 March, 2013

I'm Amped On Red Bull And Am Wearing Out The Job Listings!


  So since getting sh*t-canned towards the middle of January. I've been diligent about meeting my state unemployment obligated "three job contacts a week" requirement. That being said, in the course of almost two months already, I've had A telephone interview and A in person interview.

  The last time I was unemployed (or as one of my friends calls it "funemployed"), I think I estimated that I had applied to 600+ jobs before finally getting a job. Mind you that was over a 10 month period, resulting in approximately 4-5 in person interviews.

   Something about this isn't right. I hold a Dual Masters in Human Resources, I'm an Army Veteran, and have pretty much had more office and leadership experience than I know what to do with.

   Then I was reminded of why potentially I have absolutely ZERO luck in getting my foot in the door. I saw a job posting for an HR Generalist today that required said following at minimum:

  • Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources (okay, got that)
  • Two years experience in Human Resources (well, 1.8 years, but close enough)
  • Two years experience in an office environment (does 10+ years do it?)
  • Knowledge of MS-Office products (anyone that graduated college in the last 10 years is pretty much an expert at that shit)
  • Fluent in Tagalog (......wait....WTF?)
    There is something seriously wrong with the world, or the employment area that I need to be fluent in a language I am barely familiar with to get a job. Tagalog? Really? I get Spanish, possibly even Chinese. But Tagalog? Again, I'm sorry for this HR position I don't have ANOTHER Master's degree in Accounting and can read every language on the Rosetta Stone. 

WTF people.....

Anywho, for those wonderous readers who are steadily following my post. We're going to do alittle challenge. Starting tomorrow (March 08, 2013), I will apply for one job a day. The day I actually get an interview, I'll let ya'll know, as well as the day I actually land a job. 

That is apparently after I learn Tagalog or become a master at Payroll.

No comments: