30 September, 2011

"Uh....I Already Served My Country."

I went to the courthouse today as I was summoned to Jury duty. I now know what purgatory must be designed to feel like.

Three hours I sat in a massive room with several hundred other people, listening to faint Muzak playing, watching people getting lost in their own brains. Bad day to be hungover to say the least.

Upon showing up, we had to document as to whether we had a problem charging someone with various crimes, and if a trial (which would end MID NOVEMBER) would result in a hardship for us. The answers for those questions were no and HELL TO THE YES! I can't leave my work for almost 2 months and live off $10.

I thought some people liked jury duty, but not after this experience. Hell, even the people working for the Courthouse were talking about how much jury duty sucks.

Blech. Thank gravy for the hardship clause. Hearing my name called to be excused was like a won a mini-lottery.

Awesome.

No comments: