04 June, 2013

Run For The Hills!


  So last week I decided to pay around $30 to have my resume posted on various job seeking websites, with the futile hope that recruiters would magically stumble across me and think "wow, I gotta get this guy".

  NOPE.

  So far I've received at least 5 different emails and at least one phone call from Insurance Companies offering me, not a job interview, but a "career opportunity". Folks, be weary of these kind of calls. The red flags you should listen for is obviously "career opportunity", any mention of life insurance, and if they tell you to wear business attire to the job interview. Duh, what would I wear to an interview? Oh, nevermind, it's not an interview, but a pyramid scheme presentation you and about 30 other people will end up getting sucked into, wasting valuable time in the process that could be spent getting a job.

  Basically how it works is they sell you about being "in business in yourself" by selling life insurance (and or other crap people don't wanna talk about) and all you need to do is pay into the company to get the insurance license and for various training materials.

  I recently ran across someone that I worked with you got sucked into this work cult. She was excited about it, especially after having a meeting with a "Regional Director" in the same career field.

  Now hold up, how can you be a "Regional Director" if you're working for yourself? Are your cats your frontline staff?

  Jesus wept. Just wanna work!

No comments: