17 June, 2013

My Sobriety Has A Shelf Life, And Unemployment Has Just Invented Time Travel


   So in my daily doses of crappy daytime television, I see ALOT of banking and insurance commercials. Just a ridiculous amount of them. They all have the same common theme which typically boils down to "your family is your everything, now go out and make shit happen." Which now that I type it out, doesn't make alot of sense, but that's pretty much it.

   Problem #1, what about us fuckers that don't have familys? Are we lesser beings as the result thereof?

   Problem/Issue #2, the statement "go out and make it happen/follow your dream" makes me want to donkey punch a nun. Fuck you. If shit was as easy as "going out and doing it", I'm pretty sure all disease would be curable, and people would know how to shit diamonds right now.

   Entering my 5th month of unemployment, I'm noticing that oh so familiar shift of my sanity from being optimistic and upbeat about potential job prospects, to wanting to burn down a school everytime I get the same canned rejection letter.

   Don't tell me "you had impressive qualifications, but we decided to pursue another candidate" because obviously you don't know what the fuck "impressive" means. It means "damn, we should interview this guy". I would rather the statement said "you had nothing on the other guys, and your cover letter pretty much left you shitting the bed in hopes of getting this job."

   Who the fuck is getting hired these days???

No comments: