03 February, 2011

Roping It In

fig. 1-1 Maybe Reese Witherspoon's long lost cousin?

It's been a while of me neglecting my blog, for many, many, many various reasons. Looking over the past several posts, mostly it's been me grousing about the terrible facets of mankind that tend to rear their ugly head in the news, and the crazy followers who support them.

This was not my original intent of this blog. My intent was pretty much chronologicalize my day to day ongoings without giving up too much information (i.e. who I am...der).

So moving forward, I plan to return to the roots of this and trrrryyyy to post on a daily basis. So in the spirit of it, let's play catch up since I got canned from my previous job, which I had enough time TO blog everyday (canned in Nov of 2008? I'm too lazy to look at that posting right now).

  • Unemployed for 10.5 months while I applied to over 600 jobs and have enough rejection letters to wallpaper my apartment (thanks to a Master's degree??)
  • Got into the first non-fault car accident in my life (win-lose on this one)
  • Moved back into an apartment building that isn't 1000 degrees in the summer, doesn't have people living above with concrete Reeboks, and isn't the size of a matchbox.
  • Play unholy amount of Xbox (see unemployment)
  • Been accused by the state of Missouri for owing an alleged $2500 in back taxes (although I was in the military at the time, and did not claim Missouri as my home state)
  • Went to counseling for about three months after my drunken debautchery increased. Diagnosed with mild depression, anxiety disorder, and ....wait for it......mild substance abuse.
  • Started smoking.
  • Started smoking ALOT.
  • Quit counseling due to 1) Not making progress fast enough and 2) my crappy insurance under my current employer doesn't provide enough coverage.
  • Attempting to stop smoking and using the gut-churning Chantix.
  • Saw Lacuna Coil twice in concert, and reveled in their awesomeness.
  • MET Lacuna Coil and had Andrea Ferro hanging off my shoulder for a photo (awesomex2)
  • Assaulted in the bathroom of one of my favorite bars (now ex-favorite bars)
  • Ended up on a gurney with social services as a result of said assault
  • Found a new bar
  • Disowned a friend I've had for nearly 30 years due to him being a complete douche and completely whipped by his wife.
  • Met a new friend, who is dubbed "Dude-Chick" for her ability to fart/burp in public and put most men to shame, but still look classy while doing so.
  • Stopped self-mutilating....well, at least for now.
  • Played more Xbox
  • Became an Uncle once, with Uncle to the power of 3 happening soon (other brother is having twins)
  • Almost got apprehended by the Seattle Police Department but talked my way out of it literally using Sign Language.
  • Finished learning Sign Language. I can now converse with Deaf people pretty solidly.
  • Got a job in the field of corrections. And in said job, was promoted within 6 months, then promoted again after alittle under a year.
  • Let my workout routine fall of the wagon and under it's wheels.
  • Hired a personal trainer to get me back on to the wagon one protein shake at a time.

So that brings us to today. Currently the only things rolling is my crazy day-to-day job in corrections, my sporadic work out sessions, and my dormant need for a cigarette which does nothing (f**king Chantix). My hopes are to get this blog back on track with alittle more than random posts about baby factories, people who complain about everything, and nutjobs...although that will be sprinkled in.

No comments: