22 July, 2009

Lacuna Coil - BEST BAND EVER.


So backstory on this, I've been listening to Lacuna Coil, a metal band from Italy, since around 2003. Oregon-B exposed me to this band and with every album that gets released, I like them that much more.

The music is heavy, the lyrics are very well written, and let's just face it...Cristina, the lead singer (pictured above) is just smokin' hot, and even moreso in person!

I recently saw them a few days ago in concert at Neumos in Seattle. This was a tiny venue where I could have almost literally reached out and strummed on the guitars of the band. I was in the second row and loving it.

Their sound is perfect. Her and Andrea Ferro (the lead male vocal) have voices that don't need to be put through any mixing equipment because they are flawless. High energy show with a band that hasn't forgotten their roots. Every person on stage has refined their talent enough so that when they are all working together, it's just absolutely flawless and awe inspiring. I've been to many concerts and hands down, Lacuna Coil is the best band I have ever seen live. End of f**king story.

What makes it even more awesome is that Cristina actually shook my hand. :P Yep. I sound like a tween girl, but seriously...when you've listened to a band as much as I have listened to them, actually seeing the band live, and literally being 6 feet away from them is just something that is undescribable.

Lacuna Coil is an unstoppable musical juggernaut that I will follow FOREVER!!!

ROCK ON LACUNA COIL!

No comments: