30 July, 2009

I Moved To Seattle For This?


I can remember growing up in Idaho and hearing all about how bad the weather was in Seattle. The classic "raining too much, high suicide, etc.etc.etc." is what I always heard. Long, cold seasons, tons of rain, hardly ever sunlight.

Fast forward a few years to me actually living here. For every summer I've lived here in the past three years, it's been at least 90 degrees or above. This year, we've actually hit 103 degrees during the summer.

Looking around at the apartments here in Seattle, I have yet to find one with central air. But everyone that has grown up here keeps repeating like a broken record "oh, there's no need for it because it never gets that hot for that long". Apparently I'm living in a different Seattle then what I grew up hearing about because it's just too f**king hot to be.

No comments: